This holiday season, give the perfect gift to wrap up 2020-- some peaceful REST! These 9 gifts are guaranteed to help you achieve a top notch night of sleep, see how below!
*DISCLAIMER: Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you. Also understand that this post contains my opinions, and I am not liable for how the results work for you.*
1. Aromatherapy: There is nothing quite like the scent of lavender to help you drift off to dreamland. There are several ways you can get this effect; spray it on your sheets and pillow, diffuse with a diffuser, roll it on, use lotion... all using lavender essential oil! My favorite way to use it is to drop the oils in my diffuser. This disperses the oil for hours and you can combine the lavender with other great oils, like cedarwood, pine, copaiba, and bergamot to name a few. If you don't own a diffuser, you can very easily create a spray by adding a few drops of the oils into a spray bottle with water (I use these 2 oz. bottles from Amazon). Click here to order a Premium Starter Kit from youngliving.com. (Diffuser, tons of great oils, natural cleaning products, and more come with your kit!)
2. Soothing Sounds: Speaking of diffusers, this one actually has built in speakers that play soothing nature sounds! It even comes with a fancy remote. I've been using sound to help me sleep for years now, and my kids all have their own noise machines in their rooms as well. It helps block out any other little noises that might startle you awake at night, and of course the sounds are so peaceful that they bring you straight to the relaxation zone. We have these basic noise machines by HoMedics for our kids from Amazon, or you can get an app on your phone, I use one called Relax Melodies. If you like the idea of having the sounds built into your oil diffuser, you can order an Aria Premium Starter Kit from Young Living. This is by far the best deal in order to get tons of amazing products in addition to your diffuser.
3. Snuggle Up: I don't know about you, but I cannot sleep without a really soft and cozy blanket. Even if it's 80 degrees, I still need it! It must be hereditary, because my youngest son has a thing about his "blankies" and sleep too! As an artist, I was super excited when my hosting site added throw blankets as an option to add your art to. Check out this super soft blanket that I designed over at my S6 shop! I love that the pattern is simple and basic, nothing busy to distract my eyes from closing!
4. Rest your Head: If you like the throw blanket I designed, there are matching pillow shams that you can order too!
5. Dream Bed: Check out this beautiful bed from Nathan Anthony Furniture, I could fall fast asleep in this! I love upholstered beds, it definitely amps up the "comfort feel". I have had the pleasure of working professionally with this top notch company, I highly recommend their furniture line, with so many customizable options. Their line is made in Los Angeles with a commitment to sustainability. If you are a designer, it is a must have option for your clients. If you are a retail customer reading this, all you have to do is reach out to their customer service team and they will connect you with a retailer/designer in your area.
6. Low Lights: Did you know that bright lights and screens can trick our brains into thinking it's still daytime when it is time for bed? Especially blue light from phone screens! Which is why my husband and I frequently use these blue blocker glasses a few hours before bedtime. I also recommend a lamp with a dimmer in the bedroom. Check out this modern industrial style dimmable lamp on Amazon.
7. Serene Scenes: Choosing the right art for your bedroom is important; you want to make sure that the scenery is calming and dreamy. I find that any art that depicts nature can be very relaxing, along with color tones that are more muted. I love that this painting by Mia Charro has a beautiful palette with a few pops of color. There are several sizes available in framed, canvas, printed, and more. Check out this talented artist and her print here!
8. Calming Colors: Give the gift of a total makeover-- hire a painter! Changing the wall color can change everything. I took some time to research the best paint colors for a calm and relaxing bedroom. I came across so many wonderful articles, this one by Hello Lovely had some great options. For the sake of simplicity, I chose just one to feature here, but you should definitely check out her blog and see them all! My favorite one from her list was Sherwin Williams Rainwashed.
9. Self Care: I would have to say that the number one thing that keeps me from falling asleep is having cold feet. So having super soft and comfy socks is a must. I've always been a fan of these aloe infused socks, bonus points for the holiday patterns! I also have a routine each night that I never skip: moisturizing my face! I recently started using this Seriously Soothing Cloud Cream from Acure and I absolutely love it. You can order it through Thrive Market, click here to receive 25% off your first order! I have been loving having a subscription to Thrive, I put our regular grocery items on auto-ship and it's just so convenient.
Thank you, as always, for reading my blog! I hope you found some great items here today, comment below and let me know! Happy Holidays, xoxo!