If you are an interior designer, or in the interior design profession, then you have come to the right place. I hope that business is good for you, and even if it's not where you want it to be, hiring a virtual assistant could really set you up for success. You may be wondering- what does a virtual design assistant do? I'm going to answer that and many other FAQ's below, so get your coffee (or wine if it's that time) and read on!
Here are my top 5 reasons to hire a virtual design assistant:
1. Time. The work that we do is time consuming, and unless it's something that you are very proficient and experienced with, then it could be eating up your time that would be better spent on your strengths. What is the work that we do? Well, it varies depending on the background of the assistant. For me personally, I have a degree in interior design and always found enjoyment and success in the digital realm of design. This includes 3D renderings, concept or mood boards, sample boards, client presentations, and digital blog content. There are also tasks that don't require quite as much skill, but still take up a lot of time. These tasks include sourcing products that you specify and hunting down that perfect piece of furniture, fabric, accessory, etc.
2. Urgency. Those are just a few tasks that an assistant may do for you, but one of the greatest benefits is that you can request almost anything and as long as your assistant feels confident, you have an immediate need fulfilled without even leaving your office. Some designers like to hire on an assistant, which is great! However, this business naturally ebbs and flows, so there isn't always a lot of work to give to an on site/hired on assistant. A virtual assistant can be used as needed, from anywhere in the world!
3. Skill. Aside from the time factor, a lot of the tasks virtual design assistants do require a great amount of skill that they have focused their career on. It takes a lot of your time and effort to learn to do 3D renderings and to use programs like Photoshop. If you are already really skilled at these programs, then that is awesome! But if you are this far into your career and have not learned them, your time might be saved by sending that work to someone else. Especially if you are already very busy with other tasks that need your attention. Stick to your strengths and get help when and where you need it.
4. Knowledge. Two brains are better than one! Have you ever just needed another designer to bounce ideas off of for a client but didn't want to go directly to your competition for the answers? A virtual assistant can hop on a video call and help you with brainstorming or just answering those questions you need a second opinion on. And the best part is that we have the background and knowledge to know exactly what you are talking about and can give you valuable input.
5. Improvement. Every business could stand for a little improvement. By bringing in a new team member, even if it's just once or temporary, you are improving your business. You're giving yourself a break from having to do it all yourself. This gives you time to spend on what you do best, extra time with your family, and extra time to relax! Self care is important, and there is no shame in needing to ask for help.
At the end of the day, it is totally up to you on whether or not to hire a virtual design assistant. If the reasons above did not convince you, I'm not sure what will! If you like what you read here today, be sure and subscribe here to have alerts e-mailed directly to you, a monthly newsletter, and design tips. And if you are ready to hire a virtual design assistant, contact me today!
*Photo by Arnel Hasanovic on Unsplash
#interiordesign #virtualassistant #designer #designassistant #interiordesigner #hiring #helping #designcareer #photoshop #cad #sketchup #3ddesigns #presentations #renderings #moodboards #conceptboards #improvebusiness #businessowner #designbusiness